LP – Deluxe Limited Edition 180g Black And White Splatter Vinyl
(*Only 1,000 copies pressed in this edition)
The Fall’s second studio album, reissued here as a limited splatter vinyl LP with 7” single replica of their ‘Rowche Rumble’ single.
• Founded by its only constant member, Mark E. Smith, The Fall formed in Manchester in 1976 and were one of the most prominent post-punk groups in the world. Musically, there may have been several stylistic changes over the years, but it was often characterised by an abrasive guitar-driven sound and frequent use of repetition, always underpinned by Smith’s distinctive vocals and often cryptic lyrics.
• “They are always different; they are always the same…” – John Peel
• “Dragnet” is the second studio album – released 26th October 1979 – these editions celebrate the fortieth anniversary of this seminal album.
• Originally released through record label Step-Forward, it predicated two major factors in the group’s career – high productivity and high group turnover.
• The album has historically garnered excellent reviews, including 4/5 in MOJO, 8.7/10 on Pitchfork and 4/5 in Q Magazine.
• Featuring the one and only Mark E. Smith alongside Steve Hanley (bass), Marc Riley (guitar), Craig Scanlon (guitar), Mike Leigh (drums), Kay Carroll (backing vocals) and Yvonne Pawlett (keyboards).
• This is the second release in Cherry Red’s new series of deluxe Fall reissues: “Fall Sound Archive”.
• The black and white splatter vinyl version is 180GSM with an inner bag and features a replica of 7” single ‘Rowche Rumble’ c/w ‘In My Area’. It is limited to 1000 copies.
1. PSYKICK DANCEHALL
2. A FIGURE WALKS
4. DICE MAN
5. BEFORE THE MOON FALLS
6. YOUR HEART OUT
1. MUZOREWI’S DAUGHTER
2. FLAT OF ANGLES
4. SPECTRE VS. RECTOR
5. PUT AWAY
BONUS 7” SINGLE
A. ROWCHE RUMBLE
B. IN MY AREA