SUZANNE VEGA – An Evening of New York Songs and Stories
2LP – Black 180g Vinyl – Includes Download Code
On An Evening of New York Songs and Stories, Vega revisits some of the most iconic songs in her repertoire as well as more hidden gems in a stunning live recording on which she is backed by longtime guitarist, Gerry Leonard, bassist Jeff Allen and keyboardist Jamie Edwards.
Recorded at New York City’s famed Café Carlyle in early 2019, An Evening of New York Songs and Stories includes both familiar songs like Luka and Tom’s Diner and deep cuts from her catalogue like Frank and Ava and Ludlow Street. The mix of repertoire also features New York Is My Destination from Lover, Beloved: Songs from an Evening with Carson McCullers, Vega’s one woman play about the Southern gothic novelist Carson McCullers, and a cover of her late friend Lou Reed’s Walk on the Wild Side.
|1. Marlene On The Wall
3. 'So how many people are here from out of town?'
4. New York Is A Woman
5. 'This next song takes place on 59th street...'
6. Frank and Eva
7. 'So I myself came to New York City when I was 2 ½ years old'
9. Freeze Tag
10. Pornographer's Dream
11. 'This next song is called New York Is My Destination'
12. New York Is My Destination
|13. 'The first time I saw Lou Reed...'
14. Walk On The Wild Side
15. Ludlow Street
17. 'And now we've got a song about those times...'
18. Some Journey
19. 'I'm gonna close with this song...'
20. Tom's Diner
21. 'Would you like another one?'
24. Thin Man