LP - Black Vinyl. Includes download code.
World-renowned horn player Mats Gustafsson teams up with Joachim Nordwall to create Their Power Reached Across Space and Time-to Defy Them Was Death-or Worse – an avant-garde masterpiece. Gustafsson and Nordwall push their instruments to the limit, almost mirroring the title of the record by “reaching across space and time”.
Mats Gustafsson is a key character in the modern jazz scene as a world-renowned saxophone player, and has collaborated with countless artists including Sonic Youth, Neneh Cherry, Peter Brötzmann and Merzbow.
Joachim Nordwall has been creating psychedelic electronic music since the late 1980s, and has been in groups such as The Skull Defekts and Alvars Orkester, with work credited alongside Aaron Dilloway, Mika Vainio, Kevin Drumm, Christine Abdelnour and John Duncan.
Nordwall founded and runs the lauded record label iDEALRecordings, operating at the cutting edge of experimental and electronic music, and hosting festivals, exhibitions, concerts, and club nights.
The duo create a sense of vast, three dimensional auditory expanses.
“This is where acoustics and analogue synths meet. It is unique music. Unheard Vibes. Perfect for special venues and good PAs” - Gustafsson and Nordwall.
1. There Are Some Worlds Where All Dreams Die (En Glad Stund)
2. The Day Of Days Was There (Vardag)
3. Love Shows In Her Smile: It Is Confident (Panik)
4. Their New Life Was Their Final Life (Vilse)
5. Birdbrain (Olle Ångest)
6. His Fingers, Moving In The Air, Produced A Soft Organ-like Music (Långtråkigt)
7. Oh, Said The Strange Mind, You Want Me To Think For You (Det Blir Aldrig Bättre)
8. Her Eyes.were Like Cold Fires (Slut)