2 x 180g LP's cut at 45rpm / 2 x 7" - Deluxe Edition Vinyl.
* Definitive edition of Karen Dalton’s 1971 Masterpiece
* Two 180-gram, 45 RPM LPs cut from new 2021 transfers and pressed at RTI, featuring bonus tracks from the original album sessions.
* Previously unreleased 7” single: Live at Beat Club, Germany (April 1971)
*Repro of 1971 French edition 7” single: Something On Your Mind b/w One Night Of Love
* Both 7” singles pressed at Third Man Pressing and housed in old style tip-on jackets
* 20-page booklet featuring unseen photos and liner notes by Lenny Kaye, plus contributions from Nick Cave and Devendra Banhart
Karen Dalton’s 1971 album, In My Own Time, stands as a true masterpiece by one of music’s most mysterious, enigmatic, and enduringly influential artists. Celebrating the album’s 50th anniversary, Light in the Attic is honoured to present a newly remastered (2021) edition of the album.
Recorded over a six month period in 1970/71 at Bearsville, In My Own Time was Dalton's only fully planned and realized studio album. the material was carefully selected and crafted for her by producer / musician Harvey Brooks, the renaissance man of rock-jazz who played bass on Dylan's Highway 61 Revisited and Miles' Bitches Brew. It features ten songs that reflected Dalton's incredible ability to break just about anybody's heart - from her spectral evocation of Joe Tate's 'One Night of Love,' to the dark tragedy of the traditional 'Katie Cruel'
1. Something on Your Mind
2. When a Man Loves a Woman
3. In My Own Dream
4. Katie Cruel
5. How Sweet It Is
6. In a Station
7. Take Me
8. Same Old Man
9. One Night of Love
10. Are You Leaving for the Country
11. Something on Your Mind (Alternate Take)
12. In My Own Dream (Alternate Take)
13. Katie Cruel (Alternate Take)
14. One Night Of Love (Live at Beat Club, Germany, April 21, 1971)*
15. Take Me (Live at Beat Club, Germany, April 21, 1971)*
* = Previously unreleased